Benefits of an Industrial Paging & Intercom System
You may be hearing trends and talks about “BYOD” and how or why businesses should prepare. At Corporate Technology Solutions, we have everything you need to know here. Read below to learn more about how you can stay prepared and ahead of the growing trend to improve your business’s efficiency and bottom line.
If you’re looking for full-service low voltage solutions for your Southwest building or company, contact us online to talk through how we can meet your needs.
What Is BYOD?
BYOD is “bring your own device” and has been a growing trend in offices across the country. This means that employees are providing their own smartphones, laptops, tablets, and wearables to integrate into their day-to-day operations in and out of the office.
Some forecast that 85% of businesses will be BYOD be 2020 (only a few years out!).
What Are the Benefits of BYOD?
BYOD can, in fact, be beneficial for employers, as it can:
- Increase productivity
- Improve employee satisfaction
- Minimize adoption phrase
- Reduce technology and hardware costs
How Does This Impact Businesses?
With benefits, however, there are areas that need attention as well.
- Security – with employees bringing and integrating their own devices into their operation, security can be at risk, depending on the types of files and data they have access to. Business owners need to think about types of new or adjusted policies and security measures should be put in place to protect the customers or the business.
- Network Connectivity – offices from 10 years ago could be expected to connect and support one desktop and one phone for each employee (with likely some printers or other copiers throughout the office). Now, every employee may be bringing in 3-4+ devices each that need to connect to the internet and other devices in the office. Reliable and versatile networks are a must for businesses and buildings trying to keep up with the emerging new devices and reliance on more.
How Can Low Voltage Technology Help?
With increased demand and expectation for wireless connectivity reliability and bandwidth, it’s expected that many buildings and businesses will need to upgrade their network cabling and capabilities. Luckily, low voltage solutions providers, like Corporate Technology Solutions, can help. Here are some solutions that can help buildings move beyond limited structured and stay ahead of the trend:
Improved Wireless Connectivity
Mobile data traffic has been predicted to grow by seven-fold by 2021, which will require most business owners or facility managers to greatly upgrade the wireless connectivity infrastructure in their buildings. Upgraded Wi-Fi networks can also incorporate more features for the growing BYOD device trend, including:
- Security encryption
- Support for increased bandwidth demand from Wi-Fi for voice calling
- Big data insights on usage and demand
- Device flexibility for smartphones, tablets, wearables, and laptops
- And more
Learn more about our in-building wireless solutions offered to Southwest companies »
Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
Wireless signal may be integral to your business’s operation, but cellular connectivity (for 3G, 4G, and LTE devices) is also critical to your success (especially with many employees using their own smart phones and tablets in the workplace). DAS improves cellular connectivity issues and can be easily scaled with growing companies or when demand peaks during the workday. DAS is also key to overcoming many structural obstacles office buildings face (with weaker signal in stairwells, parking decks, interior conference rooms, and more).
Learn more about our DAS services offered in the Southwest »
Similar to distributed antenna systems, small cells are often the solution for smaller work environments at a lower employment and operation cost. Small cells improve cellular connectivity issues when offices are too congested or blocked by strong signal.
Low Voltage & Wireless Infrastructure Upgrades in the Southwest
Corporate Technology Solutions provides full in-building wireless solutions, DAS services, and infrastructure upgrades, from installation and maintenance to design and testing. We have offices in Tempe and Tucson, but can provide turnkey services throughout Arizona. Contact us to get started on improving the wireless signal strength to meet growing demand from bring-your-own or additional devices throughout your building today!
You May Be Interested In:
- 5G Is the Next Generation for Cellular Connections
- Why the Internet of Things Needs Distributed Antenna Systems
- How Property Owners Can Profit from an In-Building Wireless Strategy
What Our clients
As a Project Manager of a mid-sized General Contracting firm; I am responsible to procure project opportunities, detail out disciplines...Jerret John, Desert Services International, Inc.
We have used CTS for most of our cabling in a commercial office environment in southern Arizona. They have been able to help us meet ou...Beverly Kearns, Network Infrastructure Group
The City of El Mirage has worked with CTS for over 10 years on various projects at many different municipal facilities. CTS has provid...Nick Russo, City of El Mirage, AZ
CTS provides the highest level of quality service by both assessing the customer need and request as well as offering the latest market...Chris Schrecker, ADOT