AV Sound Masking Systems
Have you ever accidentally overheard a confidential call in your office? Worse, have you ever faced the consequences of someone overhearing your private call? Even when conversations aren’t secret, it can be distracting for workers to hear unwanted talking when they’re trying to focus.
The solution to these problems is to install a sound masking system. Corporate Technology Solutions has you covered. Our AV professionals can expertly implement a sound masking design that improves speech privacy and boosts productivity.
How Sound Masking Works
Sound masking is not the same as soundproofing. It does not cancel out noise or eliminate the sound of speech in an environment. Instead, sound masking is the addition of barely discernible noise that sounds similar to airflow. It may seem counterintuitive to add sound to space for privacy purposes. However, with audio generated at frequencies that match human speech, sound masking drowns out conversations and makes other office noises not as noticeable for a less distracting work environment.
Elements of Sound Masking
A typical sound masking system consists of three main parts:
- Speakers, also known as emitters, generate sound.
- A control module powers the system and sends an audio signal to the emitters.
- Category cables connect the emitters to the control module.
As simple as a sound masking system might seem, proper design and installation are necessary to meet your building’s acoustic requirements and provide the best results. Consider the ABCs of acoustic design that your sound masking installation team will take into account:
- Absorption – How much are the existing ceiling tiles, wall panels, and carpet absorbing sound in the environment?
- Blocking – Where are partitions, walls, and other solid barriers located?
- Coverage – What are the proper speaker placements and sound volume to cover up background noise?
Why Include Sound Masking in Your AV Setup?
Sound masking reduces the distance that typical indoor speech travels from 50 feet or more to around 15 feet. This can make a surprisingly impactful difference in your employees’ day-to-day lives. The benefits of sound masking include:
- Improved speech privacy
- Boosted productivity and performance
- Greater workplace comfort
- Increased employee satisfaction
If you want to enjoy these benefits in your Phoenix or Tucson workplace, contact Corporate Technology Solutions to ask about installing a sound masking system today.
What Industries Need Sound Masking?
A wide range of industries can benefit from sound masking, including:
- Corporate spaces: Make trendy open layouts in corporate office buildings more feasible with increased speech privacy and fewer distractions.
- Medical clinics: Discuss health records with patients with less risk of violating HIPAA privacy standards.
- Government offices: Make sensitive conversations in your government building more private.
- Financial service providers: Reduce the risk of negligent disclosure of client information.
- Educational facilities: Make libraries, classrooms, and other study spaces more productive for students.
AV Sound Masking System Design & Installation in Phoenix & Tucson
If you’re interested in installing a sound masking system in your Arizona facility, turn to the AV installation experts at Corporate Technology Solutions. We can customize your setup to work flawlessly with your specific building layout and acoustics, drawing on over 20 years of audiovisual expertise to ensure the very best results.
What Our clients
As a Project Manager of a mid-sized General Contracting firm; I am responsible to procure project opportunities, detail out disciplines...Jerret John, Desert Services International, Inc.
We have used CTS for most of our cabling in a commercial office environment in southern Arizona. They have been able to help us meet ou...Beverly Kearns, Network Infrastructure Group
The City of El Mirage has worked with CTS for over 10 years on various projects at many different municipal facilities. CTS has provid...Nick Russo, City of El Mirage, AZ
CTS provides the highest level of quality service by both assessing the customer need and request as well as offering the latest market...Chris Schrecker, ADOT