Cat5E, Cat6, Cat6A in Arizona
The structured cabling system of your building is the backbone upon which your communication network is built. Ethernet cabling is a particularly important consideration, especially because these twisted pair and fiber cables are continually being updated and standardized by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Each new version of Ethernet connectivity, known as a category, supports ever-faster bandwidth speeds and improves noise cancelation capabilities.
If you’re moving offices, expanding your existing business, or upgrading your infrastructure to keep up with technological changes, Corporate Technology Solutions can help. We provide full, turnkey Ethernet cabling services, including installations, expansions, and upgrades.
Contact us today or keep reading to learn more about Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, and Cat7 cabling for your business in Arizona.
Types of Ethernet Cabling
While older versions of Ethernet cabling exist, the most viable options today include:
- Cat5e: The “enhanced” version of category 5 cabling is a lower-noise version that reduces potential crosstalk, or interference between adjacent wires. Cat5e is the most common type of Ethernet cabling in use today because it supports Gigabit speeds (up to 1 Gbps at 100 MHz) for an economical price.
- Cat6: The cabling in this category is wound more tightly and features thicker insulation than Cat5e, allowing it to support up to 10 Gbps at frequencies of up to 250 MHz. However, it can only maintain these speeds at distances of up to 37 to 55 meters.
- Cat6a: Like its predecessor, Cat6a can support 10 Gbps, but this “augmented” version also supports frequencies up to 500 MHz. It can also maintain the 10 Gbps speed up to 100 meters. Robust sheathing improves upon the signal-to-noise ratio.
- Cat7: As with Cat6a, this category can support 10 Gbps up to 100 meters, but it can also transmit impressive speeds of 40 Gbps at 50 meters and 100 Gbps at 15 meters. Cat7 offers extensive shielding, which must be grounded. The cabling also requires special connectors to take full advantage of its high-performance features.
Choosing Which Cable Category to Install
If you’re not sure which cable category is right for your business, Corporate Technology Solutions can help you make a cost-effective choice. Consider these examples of when to install each type of network cable:
- Cat5e is suitable for networks requiring Gigabit speeds at an affordable rate. It’s flexible enough to work in both residences and commercial spaces.
- Cat6 provides higher performance than Cat5e for more room to expand in the future. Because of its ability to perform at 10 Gbps over relatively short distances, it’s a great option for small buildings.
- Cat6a is considerably thicker than Cat6, making it less flexible to work with. Therefore, it may be better suited for industrial applications or projects requiring 10 Gbps Ethernet over longer distances.
- Cat7 provides 10 Gbps with room to spare. It also offers pair-sharing capabilities, which makes it possible to power several devices on the same line. Data centers, large enterprises, and other businesses looking for a versatile, future-proof infrastructure should opt for CAT7 cabling.
Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a & Cat7 Cabling Installation in Arizona
Corporate Technology Solutions offers the latest structured cabling designs, materials, and installation techniques to ensure a functional, flexible, future-proof infrastructure for our clients’ businesses. We also strive to minimize maintenance costs and make your layout easier to upgrade down the road.
To learn more about Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a & Cat7 cabling, or to schedule an installation estimate, please contact Corporate Technology Solutions today. Our headquarters in Phoenix and Tucson allow us to serve businesses throughout the Southwest.
What Our clients
As a Project Manager of a mid-sized General Contracting firm; I am responsible to procure project opportunities, detail out disciplines...Jerret John, Desert Services International, Inc.
We have used CTS for most of our cabling in a commercial office environment in southern Arizona. They have been able to help us meet ou...Beverly Kearns, Network Infrastructure Group
The City of El Mirage has worked with CTS for over 10 years on various projects at many different municipal facilities. CTS has provid...Nick Russo, City of El Mirage, AZ
CTS provides the highest level of quality service by both assessing the customer need and request as well as offering the latest market...Chris Schrecker, ADOT