At Corporate Technology Solutions, we are always making sure we’re staying up to date with industry trends and new technology that will help us better serve our clients and provide truly innovative, custom low voltage solutions to businesses in the Southwest. We’ve been keeping our eye on the adaption and emerging innovation that come with 5G LTE technology.
What Is 5G Technology?
5G wireless technology is transforming wireless network infrastructure with small-cell networks employing 5G speeds. Full potential of economic growth and innovation depends on how the infrastructure upgrades are deployed widespread, however it only shows continued adaption and potential growth.
Network deployment of 5G small-cell networks involves 10 – 100 times more antenna locations than 4G or 3G currently require. These cells are about the size of a show box and are critical for delivering the network speed and capacity and supporting the expected increase in even more devices connecting in the future.
How Will 5G Technology Impact Different Industries?
Here’s a sample of industries that can benefit from the emerging technology of 5G:
- Entertainment – from virtual reality to on-the-go streaming, 5G will allow for immersive entertainment and experiences
- Transportation – 5G can allow for safer, more autonomous transportation as cars and public transport vehicles become smart and self-driving
- Healthcare – reliable access to records and files, no matter how remote can provide better, faster, and safer care
- Public safety – with dedicated, high-strength access for first responders, public safety and security improve
- Manufacturing – improved technology can lead to more autonomous manufacturing and digitized logistics and retail
- Infrastructure – this can provide a new platform for sustainable cities and more efficient use of energy/utilities (learn more about Smart Cities here)
Using Innovation to Improve Mission-Critical Communication
5G technology can deliver even better efficiencies and new capabilities to mission-critical services. Innovation in the LTE world brings:
- Low, bounded latency
These improvements can benefit all types of public and private industries, including robots, medical, industrial automation, and smart energy.
It can also help the Internet of Things, including:
- Smart cities
- Smart utilities
- Connected retail
- Connected buildings
- Senor networks
- Asset tracking
Expanding the Mobile Ecosystem
With increased technology (with faster speeds, reliable connections on the go, and quicker loading times), 5G technology can take the Internet of Things even further. For example, new verticals that can be pioneered with innovative approaches:
- Public safety – leveraging the vast LTE ecosystem for robust public safety communications for first responders
- Vehicle-to-everything communication – giving vehicles the ability to reliably communicate with each other and everything around them. This can allow for traffic signal timing and priorities, collision avoidance safety systems, real-time traffic and routing, safety alerts to bicyclists and pedestrians, and more.
- Drone communication – enabling a growing set of drone use cases leveraging extensive LTE coverage
- Digital TV broadcasting – evolving single-device broadcasting to deliver a converged TB network
Keep Tabs on 5G Developments
At Corporate Technology Solutions, we’re continually monitoring the introduction and adaptation of new technologies as they emerge on the markets and come to fruition. We stay on top of the latest trends to ensure that are offering the highest quality, most technologically advanced low voltage solutions to businesses throughout the Southwest. To learn more about fiber optic cabling or another service, call us at 877-685-2626 or contact us online.